Bengal Royalty Cattery
Natalie and Thomas Wilkinson
(Sample Contract; Address Omitted For Privacy)
Tel: (786) 985-4873 | E-Mail: Info@BengalRoyalty.com | Website: www.BengalRoyalty.com
Bengal Kitten/Cat Adoption Agreement
This contract is between ____________________ and ____________________
Of Bengal Royalty Cattery, hereafter referred to as Purchaser and Seller.
(Seller’s current information has been provided above.)
City/State: ____________________ Zip Code: __________
Daytime Telephone Number: ( ) ____________________
E-Mail Address: ________________________________________
This contract concerns the Bengal kitten/cat described below.
Purchaser has received a copy of this contract, and agrees to the following terms:
Kitten Name: _____________________________
Date of Birth: ____________________ Sex: M / F
Sire’s TICA Registration Number: _____________________________
Dam’s TICA Registration Number: _____________________________
Price: _____________________________ Date of Purchase: _____________
Sold as: PET BREEDER
1. This kitten/cat will be kept indoors and not allowed to roam freely outside under any circumstances. In the case of a multi-pet home, it is highly recommended that this kitten/cat be quarantined from other pets in a quiet area (with access to food, water, and litter box) for a minimum of two weeks, with a gradual, stress-free introduction at the appropriate time.
2. Purchaser agrees to follow Seller’s recommendations for appropriate feeding, vaccinations, and care included in this kitten’s starter kit. Purchaser has received various informational articles, informational booklets, verbal walkthroughs, and resources to get them started, and Seller is also available to answer Purchaser’s questions should the need arise at any time after purchase. Seller is not liable for future health issues or any other problems resulting from Purchaser’s failure to follow the given recommendations.
3. If this kitten or cat is found to be neglected or mistreated, Purchaser will surrender said kitten/cat to Seller, unconditionally. This kitten/cat is NEVER to be declawed for any reason.
4. Under no circumstances will this kitten/cat or its progeny be sold, leased, given away to any pet shop, research laboratory, animal shelter, or similar facility. Should Purchaser be unable to keep said kitten/cat, the Seller is to be notified immediately. At Seller’s discretion, said kitten/cat is to be returned to Seller or a suitable new placement is to be approved by the Seller. Contract remains in effect with new placement.
5. All vaccinations are current at the time of purchase. Purchaser may provide the third installment of the FVRCP (one shot only, modified live) after 16 weeks of age, which will be on _____________. The Rabies vaccine is to be administered where mandated by law after 16 weeks of age. Purchaser is not to administer both vaccines at the same time, as this will overwhelm the kitten’s system and cause them to become ill. Feline Leukemia (FeLV), Feline Infectious Peritonitis (FIP), or Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV) vaccinations are NOT to be given at any time. Administration of any of these vaccines at any time will render our health guarantee void.
6. Purchaser is to continue to follow his or her county’s requirements for the Rabies vaccine after purchase. (Though your kitten is to remain strictly indoors, we encourage you to discuss your options with your vet regarding possible risk factors in your area that your kitten/cat may be exposed to. We are minimalists when it comes to vaccinations, and our personal opinion is that “less is more.” Your comfort level is an important part of your cat’s vaccination protocol. Don’t agree to something you don’t feel comfortable with, and please do not over-vaccinate your Bengal. Always do your research first, and ask your vet informed questions.)
7. If this kitten is sold as a Pet, Purchaser is responsible for having this kitten spayed or neutered at the age of 6 months, which will be on: _____________. Purchaser is not to exceed the kitten’s age of 8 months for alter surgery, which will be on: ____________. Plan to have the Rabies vaccine done a minimum of a week in advance of surgery. Purchaser agrees not to wait until the day of the alter surgery to administer the Rabies vaccine and to make a separate appointment with the Vet for this.
8. Blue TICA Registration paper will be provided immediately upon receipt of proof of this kitten having been spayed/neutered at the age of 6 months. (Where available, laser alter surgery is preferred due to easier recovery in a shorter length of time when compared to conventional alter surgery.)
9. If this kitten/cat has reached 8 months of age, he or she has already been spayed or neutered, and blue TICA document is included with your kitten’s Starter Kit.
10. Purchaser has three business days to have a veterinarian examine this kitten. The kitten/cat is to be of sound health upon arrival. It is guaranteed for a period of 72 hours from time of purchase (arrival) if vet-checked within that time. This kitten/cat is guaranteed against congenital defects for one year. Should kitten/cat die within that time as a direct result of a congenital defect, the cat will be replaced only if a licensed veterinarian performs an appropriate necropsy, and a veterinarian’s certificate is provided as proof of cause of death. Suspected conditions or inconclusive tests shall not be considered as confirmation; Seller may require a second veterinary opinion at Seller’s expense. A replacement will be made of a kitten/cat of comparable quality and value, as available, at the discretion of the Seller. No refunds will be paid unless Seller is unable to provide a suitable replacement.
11. If kitten/cat is found to be medically deficient with an untreatable or life threatening problem, it must be reported to the Seller immediately. Upon kitten/cat’s return, kitten/cat will be replaced with another kitten/cat of equal or higher value. Should no replacement be available, Seller has one year to provide a replacement kitten. It is the responsibility of the Purchaser to provide immediate veterinary care to any kitten/cat showing signs of illness or distress. Failure to do so will render warranty null and void. Under no circumstances is kitten/cat to be euthanized prior to notification by Purchaser to Seller.
12. If kitten/cat dies during warranty period despite veterinary treatment, replacement will be made only if a veterinarian certifies cause of death with an appropriate necropsy. A replacement of comparable quality and value as available within 1 year will be offered. Should kitten or cat die of congenital defect during an unnecessary surgery, no refund or replacement will be made. Purchaser gives their veterinarian permission to disclose medical records if requested by Seller or Seller’s representative.
Kittens Purchased as Breeders
13. A kitten intended for breeding will only be sold to an established Cattery registered with at least one major cat fancy organization such as The International Cat Association (TICA) or The International Bengal Cat Society (TIBCS). Proof of Cattery registration must be provided, as well as a functioning website listing information about Purchaser’s Cattery and available kittens.
14. Purchaser’s Cattery must abide by TICA Standards as well as perform appropriate PK Def Testing, HCM Screening, and vaccines as dictated by the organization Purchaser is registered for. Purchaser must not cage this kitten at any time, and provide proof of adequate space, hygiene, exercise, safety, and nutrition for all the cats in Purchaser’s care to qualify for a kitten from Seller.
15. Purchaser must provide Seller with a plan of retirement for this kitten/cat when it is an adult and no longer used in the Breeding program. Should Purchaser be unable to find a home for the retired adult, Purchaser may contact Seller for help in placement.
This Contract is legally binding to all parties involved. The Purchaser will pay any legal fees incurred in upholding this contract. Venue is in the state of North Carolina, in the county of Cabarrus. Purchaser’s signature indicates full agreement with terms.
________________________________ _____________________________ ______________
Purchaser Name (Please Print) Purchaser Signature Date
________________________________ _____________________________ ______________
Seller Name (Please Print) Seller Signature Date